Rough estimate of combined wattage

Hi

I am wanting to put a small chest freezer (600mm wide) and a tumble dryer in my garage. These will be plugged into either a hard wired socket or run from an extension. I have been told I need to keep the draw less than 13A, which is about 3100 watts.

Does anyone know how much electricity a typical small chest freezer and tumble dryer uses (in watts) please?

Reply to
diy-newby

2,990 VA, actually.

2-2.2 kW commonly, but could be more. In each cases look at the rating plate on the appliance. Also check the climate class of your freezer to see if it's suitable for use in an unheated space.
Reply to
Andy Wade

No real point in talking about 'typical' if you want the things to work.

Every appliance of this type has a plate on it somewhere giving the power consumption. So best to check yourself.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)