Roof tiles

Hello,

While cleaning the gutters today (first time ever!) I noticed that at the back of the house about half of the first row roof tiles look as they have been pushed backwards a couple of inches. I can only assume this was done by the people doing the replacement soffits/bargeboards

7 years ago.

I tried pulling a couple forward but they just didn't want to budge. I'm not the happiest person on a ladder so I didn't try pulling to hard, but I did give them a good jiggle left/right and down.

Is there a knack of moving roof tiles? They are the double Roman concrete variety, a bit like:

Pete

Reply to
Pete Crawford

> Thanks,

Slide a trowel under them? You can then ease them up at the back. Phil

Reply to
Phil B

But maybe they were adjusted to make sure they did not tip the water past the gutter?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

> Thanks,

If they're the one's I think they are then they are held on by gravity alone, no nails needed as they have a lip underneath at the top which simply hooks over the battens. The trick is to realise that they are seriously heavy and have loads of friction so you won't easily move one while the tile above is resting it's weight on it. Lift the lower edge of the one above and the tile will move more easily but of course you'll need two free hands while standing at the top of a ladder which is not fun or necessarily safe, good luck!

Reply to
Calvin Sambrook