roof tiles

When calculating how many ordinary concrete roof tiles I need for a 80m2 pitched roof do I allow 2 tiles to cover the area of 1 tile?

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Look at the manufacturer's technical data sheet as that will give you the actual coverage for unit area (e.g.,

60 tiles/m2 for ordinary tiles). Is your 80m2 the plan area, or the actual area? If it's the plan area, you need to compensate for the roof pitch.

dan.

Reply to
dent

Thanks that's good enough for initial costings.

Yes it's the compensated and actual area

AJH

Reply to
andrew

When you order, make sure you allow for breakages during delivery - there are always some. I can't remember the recommended percentage off hand. The hassle of trying to return some can be prohibitive, unless they are from a local builders yard. You also want some spare for future repairs. I've just finished tiling my extension roof, ridge tiles and lead flashin done yesterday. Just in time for Christmas and the freeze. Well done to me ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson