Roof terrace.

I have a roof terrace which was built some 30 years ago

Plywood on joists, felt, then asphalt over that. Topped with promenade tiles. It is south facing, so gets lots of sun.

A few tiles have lifted slightly on one side. Not loose, though.

The roofers working on the other flat roof have broken one of those that stuck up and removed the broken bit. It seems now to have a hole in the asphalt (which is about an inch thick) with the felt showing. And have cracked a few other tiles that were sticking up by walking on them - I avoided them.

What seems to have happened is the asphalt has melted in the sun and shifted.

That roof didn't leak before. Not sure it will leak now - but don't like that hole down to the felt.

Is there a DIY repair? How much heat is needed to re-flow asphalt?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Trowelling mastic to fill big defects, allow to dry and then followed by Isoflex (used to be sold in Wickes)

Reply to
Andrew