Plume pipe extension

Our combi boiler is too close to a couple of windows though I'm fairly sure it's legal. In our last house, when the boiler was installed we had an extended plume pipe fitted.

So I can get such a thing for this boiler. Can I just fit this myself, or would the boiler need some subsequent adjustment involving a professional?

[It's really tempting to connect it to the nearby soil pipe, but I suspect that's frowned upon :-) ]
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Typically wants to be at least 300mm from any opening windows.

Have a look at the flue install manual for the boiler (sometimes it's a separate document - sometimes part of the boiler install manual).

A straight extension outside is pretty straight forward. A plume management kit that turns a right angle against a wall before going off elsewhere, may need the existing flue to be shortened first to get the elbow close enough to the wall. Note also that boilers have a maximum total flue length that you should not exceeed.

CO entering the house through a dry water trap does not sound like a good thing! :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Clive Arthur used his keyboard to write :

It would need to be installed and checked by Gas qualified engineer.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Not so. The only requirement is that you're competent and not doing the work as a landlord.

In theory only a new boiler fit would involve the LA. Changing a flue in a like for like matter can be done by anyone not taking remuneration, and won't need to inform the LA.

Reply to
Fredxx