Rohm Chuck

Nope! I'm not inviting any of you on a romantic weekend in the eternal city. Just repeating from the parkside thread. Can I take the Rohm chuck off the parkside and fit it onto a Power devil corded hammer drill?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Now I'm relieved.

Having said that, it's definitely not the place for a romantic weekend at any time and certainly not at this time of year.

Try contacting the manufacturers of Devil products, Techtronic Industries, PO Box 1102, Hong Kong. Operators in their comprehensive support department are standing by waiting for your call.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why not just try it and report back?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Bloody Rubbish! ..she said, "..then remove chuck with axe, sir" Bloody worst ever! And God only know why they needed my credit card and pin number.' Shocking!

:)

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

You would take a drill back to the suppliers to change a chuck? LOL! :)

Arthur:

If you open the chuck fully and look inside, you'll very likely see a screw that holds the chuck to the spindle of the drill.

Once the screw is out, the chuck should unscrew from the drill OK.

_However_ from memory either the thread of the securing screw or the drill spindle is left handed. It should be possible to find out on the web, maybe someone else here can say, or just try it carefully either way.

I think one thread is opposite to the other so neither the securing screw or chuck will undo itself no matter which way it's turning.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Some more useful info here: