Parkside Cordless

Hia all. I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries. I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got

14.4v bosch. Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries? Then I could give it to someone.

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

You could recell it with batteries from Maplin. Or go into Lidl and see whop the agents are. I believe replacement batteries are available for Parkside. With battery drills you get a set of batteries and free drill thrown in. Probably not worth buying batteries, but give it a try.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I considered re-celling my bosch cordless. I found suitable cells more expensive than the complete packs. A new drill comes with batteries, and for cheaper models, can be cheaper than a new battery. I'll buy a new drill when I next need one.

I bought a Bosch pmf 180 multi tool (the last one in Argos) yesterday. Ded gud it is too. What is the best source for new blades. It doesn't come with metal cutting ones as standard.

Reply to
<me9

Hi,

Why are they crap?

Do they quickly lose charge when left on the shelf?

So work fine after a full charge but not some days/weeks later.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Look at the Medway Handymans posts.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Because they are cheap junk from Lidl.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Parkside are actually quite good tools.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

ROTFL.

Reply to
Andy Hall

As someone who owns a Power Devil hammer drill, Tooltec sander, Marksman plane, silverline biscuit cutter, Challenge jigsaw and Powercraft sander. Quality 'feel' from these tools goes like this for me.

All of the above have a build quality feeling in the range 2 - 5 out of ten, compared to the recently acquired bosch cordless GSR14.4VE2. The parkside cordless from Lidl definitely comes top of the monkeys with a build quality feel more than 5 maybe 6. If I hadn't cooked the batteries on the bastard I wouldn't have thought about replacing it.

Therefore, I feel; Up yours, Hall!

:)

Reply to
Arthur 51

In comparison with the Bosch?

But you did, and now you're having to tit around with replacing them, only to discover that doing so will cost more than the product. By the time you've done all of that and accounted for the wasted time you could have bought a decent product in the first place.

At least you figured out the buying the Bosch was the better idea.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Arthur 51 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Coincidentally I'm in a similar position, but I've just bought the Makita 18V combi + 3 batteries currently on offer from Screwfix...

The Lidl 'Parkside' brand tools (and other Lidl own-brand products) are sourced from China (presumably) by Kompernass Handelsgesellschaft. I'm not sure whether the company is just a supplier to Lidl, or a subsidiary. Find their website here:

UK service is provided by a firm in Bilston - find the contact details via the Kompernass site. I keep meaning to contact them about the cost of replacement batteries, but I've not got a round tuit. I'm loath to throw the drill away as (despite what some may believe) it's actually pretty good (proper gearbox, Rohm keyless chuck) but certainly recelling the batteries is not ecomomic and indeed buying new batteries may well not be economic...

As it is, I've had over 4 years of sterling use out of it and I'm just getting to the end of the second house renovation project it's been used on. I'm just about to start on a third, hence I can afford a Makita :)

I generally subscribe to the adage 'buy cheap, buy twice' but on this occasion went for 'buy cheap, see how much I use it' - and I used it a lot and it just went on and on and on ... until the batteries began to fail to hold charge. It has certainly repaid the purchase price.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Richard Perkin

Well it definitely ain't my ability to get the members of Girls Aloud throwing their underwear at me.

My bosch is sexier than Girls Aloud...tis a pity that I am but a knackered old Parkside compared to Pierce Brosnan.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

So is that it? Are you disappointed? :-)

Pierce Brosnan's older than me.

Anyway. He probably dyes his hair. Assuming it's real of course.

At least your Bosch isn't off of some cheap reality TV talent show.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It won't. The rabid power tool bigots will have you for this ;-)

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Sometimes it can be worth recelling the packs even if it does cost more than a new drill, since you will often get a significant improvement in performance with them compared to a new set of OEM batteries.

So if the rest of the drill is not bad, and the battery charger is good enough to not kill the batteries, you end up with something that is better than a new one.

Reply to
John Rumm

Hi,

If you're OK taking the pack apart, google for 'nicad dendrites', sometimes it's possible to 'zap' the nicads so they hold charge.

Otherwise I'd look for an identical pack on Ebay, sometimes they're the same across a few brands.

Even if another pack has a different body, with a bit of luck the cells will be in the same format and can be swapped over with a little soldering.

To get the best pack life, always recharge them as soon as they begin to fade.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

He will call in the Power Tool Style police.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What are the chances of taking the Rhom chuck off and putting it on the Power Devil corded hammer drill?

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

website is awful & their service is slow, but they have them in stock, as do some B&Q's according to Trail Rat, but not my local one.

I agree the PMF180 is indeed ded gud.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It will cost more to re-cell the batteries than to buy a new complete drill from the likes of Lidl.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)