Rogue Traders: Plumbers (BBC1) - is there a repeat?

....On the good ship Plowman they all did sail ....he was the skipper to no avail

....he sent the crew atop the mast ....until he spouted to them at last

....I'll keele haul ye, I will be jabers ....so cut the masts and make em into cabers

....because of cabers the ship did wreck ....I have my cabers said cap'n, so what the heck

... the breaking of law the police did pursue ....Cap'n Plowman was dragged into public view

....the judge did say in all his day ....a case so bad he did not sit ...."the mans a fool I will commit"

....the judge, he screamed, "an idiotic fool" ....the capn' now resides as uk.d-i-y newsgroup tool

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Your friend is not very bright then.

World's 4th largest economy. Unemployment virtually nil. We could have

100s of people on the streets again if that is what you want under the Tory idiots.

So the government is to blame for one kid Boy are you dumb!!!!

Getting rid of the heireditaries in the House of Lords

All major changes to the UK over the past 150 years were implemented by the Liberals and Labour. The Tories did sweet FA except promote a class ridden unfair society - and still do.

Get real sunshine and look at the big picture, not 12 year old bullies in Sheffield. Boy are some people dumb.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

[snip]

See what I mean? Absolutely barking.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Richard, yes that escapade your does prove you are barking indeed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hey, doesn't it feel great to be fourth, built on massive unustainable debt?

Is your definition of "virtually nil" the same one you might use to say Labour "won" the election? According to the Office of National Staristic's September 2005 report:

------------ "The unemployment rate was 4.7 per cent. The claimant count was 875,500 in September 2005, up 8,200 on the previous month. The claimant count has increased for eight consecutive months and is

61,700 higher than the recent low point in January 2005. "

------------

We do have hundreds of people on the streets - the ones protesting in more demonstrations by more diverse groups against meddling government policy than in living memory.

I know - all those hundreds of meddling interfering laws. Big Government, little people, eh Drivel?

Yes, Labour did a great job with the unions didn't they?

And tell me, what would Labour have done different about coal pits? Tell me how you would have dealt with the carbon emmisions requirements if coal was still the major fossil fuel? And yes, I realise exhaust-path emmisions scrubbing would have reduced some of the pollutants, but go and find the cost of retro-fitting this technology then tell me how viable it is...

Yes, I'm looking at the bigger picture:

Labour spends 8 years killing off grant maintained schools in favour of divisive "faith schools" and horribly failing city academies, only to re-introduce them...

"Tone's" dream of multi-culturalism is finally here -
- (although I have to concede that we do manage a great line in stupidity ourselves with shockingly thick chavs that confuse the word paedophile with paediatrician -
)

And his mate, GWB's "shock and awe" plan for Iraq is going swimmingly -

- you must be very proud.

Reply to
Jonathan

My God! he is a leading economist now.

Nil means ziltch,etc.

Which mean sweet nothing. There is always a float of people unemployed through various reasons. It see it's not 5 million though.

Boy you are a brainwashed dumbo. Are they living on the streets?

Yes, like stopping child labour, stopping putting kids up chimnies, introduction of the welfare state, minium wage, etc.

Boy you are a brainwashed dumbo. No focus whatsoever. Class ridden society and he responds with unions? Now that is really on topic.

He is now on about coal pits. Boy you are a brainwashed dumbo.

You can't even focuc on a point. Boy you are a brainwashed dumbo.

What is sad is that you have sweet FA to gain by having the class ridden Tories in power. Nothing whatsoever. Yet you want a party in that puts you at a disadvantage. Some mothers.....

Now look at what the parties uphold, represent and aims. Then look at the social history of the UK over the past 150 years. That is for starters. Take is slowly as I know you can't think fast.

I bet you think the Queen is wonderful too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

There doesn't seem any point responding to someone with their head in the sand and a dogmatic agenda. Notice that I prove each of my points with

You can do no better than repeating "Boy you are a brainwashed dumbo".

Don't really spend too much time worrying about a monarchy that costs me the same as 2 pints of milk per year to be honest....you should probably be more concerned that the coldest winter for years is predicted, and Labour's heating fuel taxes will hit a lot of vulnerable people hard.

If you can come back with a single fact or reasoned argument, then I'll respond. Meantime, tarra.

Reply to
Jonathan

...and therein lies the danger of non-linear thought and typage!

Rest of sentence reads "...links to established news organisations - all you offer is fanatical zeal".

Reply to
Jonathan

You have a clear inability to focus on any topic with a clear wandering mind.

It is clearly true. It has to be said.

Who control the equivalent of one averaged sized English county. Who have 9 palaces paid for at our expense. Also planes, trains and other such ludicrously expensive items.

Once again your brainwashed mind cannot focus on the big picture. It is what the monarchy represents and upholds that matters - an aristocracy that gives people a lifestyle you can't even imagine, and a privileged strata in society of private schools, Oxbridge, etc - the corridors of power still rests firmly with them. A meritocracy we certainly are not. We will always underperform compared to our republican neighbours, until the monarchy goes and a meritocracy is set in place. You need to understand this. Until you do it is best you keep quiet and get to know. Some reading: Who Runs Britain: Jeremy Paxman. Who Owns Britain: Kevin Cahill. read and "understand" them. You have everything to gain.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

****************** From: Doctor Drivel Subject: Re: Rogue Traders: Plumbers (BBC1) - is there a repeat? Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:05 Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y

World's 4th largest economy. Unemployment virtually nil. We could have

100s of people on the streets again if that is what you want under the Tory idiots. ******************

Now just which of the other three are 'our republican neighbours'?

France, perhaps?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

10/10. France is a neighbour. Also, Norway, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Ireland, etc. And so is the USA.

Isn't that amazing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ah yes, France and Germany, the countries paid for by the UK, and still managing to fail the economic requirements for being members of the EU, despite getting let off the hook (

).

Please, tell us about the economic role model that is the US. Don't forget to mention the debt now...

I'm not quite sure what your point is - in what way are we "underperforming" France and Germany? I've posted links to back all of my points - I suggest you do the same because you're starting to look a bit foolish.

Reply to
Jonathan

Surely you've realised by now that John can never follow an argument through? He just posts what he's read elsewhere - even when they are totally contradictory, as I've just shown.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which consistently had a high standard of living and quality of life than the UK over the past 30 years.

Another country that totally makes our standard of living and quality life look 3rd world.

They all mainly have high standards of living and quality of life than the UK. That all don't live in shoddily made rabbit hutches that cost the earth either.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" wittered on like a stupid old fart:

As much as I hate to reply to one of Drivel's posts (and it will only ever be on a very limited basis) it must be pointed out that:

Norway, Holland and Belgium are constitutional monarchies (technically constitutional kingdoms) and not republics.

Reply to
Matt

Now you do.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Lord Hall, that is true, but they are neighbours. Don't confuse him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But not 'republican' neighbours, you shiftless worm.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Would you know the difference? You never did until someone told you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh, I do. You clearly don't. Ask your nurse to explain it to you. Although she must get very bored dealing with an adult 5 year old.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)