Road signs

And don't forget that *some* motorists behave in an anti social way too!

Just like the general populus.

Reply to
<me9

The reasons some drivers get upset with cyclists include:-

they get in the way when they want to speed. they travel fast enough to be a hazard that pedestrians aren't. they are also allowed on the road so they can't claim they ran out in front of me when they hit one. they can overtake a car in a queue several times and that really annoys some drivers (pedestrians do too but the drivers tend to not notice them)..

Then there are the kids on bikes, totally unpredictable. Much like children playing by the road.

Reply to
dennis

I've seen cases where prams have been classed as vehicles, when cars have hit them on pedestrian crossings.

Reply to
<me9

absolutely!

Reply to
Clumsy Bastard

Er, no, just go faster than bikes.

These are made up reasons, the real reasons are about some cyclists behaving badly and flouting the rules in town

this is just the usual attempt to delfect away from pig ignorant behavior. Cyclists *always* do this, you tell them you just saw one do something oafish and they scream "we dont pollute" or something, as if that gives them the right to behave like c****.

Reply to
Clumsy Bastard

direct taxes on motorists pay for the roads several times over.

Reply to
Clumsy Bastard

For third parties or just for the bike if it gets damaged/knicked.?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The message from Clumsy Bastard contains these words:

Back at the dawn of the motoring age major roads were no better than the average farm track today and some bright spark had the idea of a Road Fund to pay for improvements to the road network. This worked after a fashion until a dishonest politician decided to steal from the fund to pay for other things and since then matters have only got worse.

Nowadays roads are designed and built to accommodate heavy commercial traffic and cost 10 times or more what would be needed if traffic was confined light vehicles and wear out 10 times as fast for the same reason.

The private motorist pays a disproportionate part of the cost of roads and if it wasn't for them our roads would still not be as good as they were in Roman Britain. OTOH our rail network would by now be a good deal better than it was before the good doctor prescribed the wrong medicine.

Reply to
Roger

Read your policy. It usually gives liability cover for all normal activities except work related and use of motor vehicles. Mine also covers my bikes, I've never claimed, but my son has.

Reply to
<me9

Third party. And I do know of at least one successful claim being made.

Reply to
Clive George

What do you need to know about maths to see that *some* cyclists isn't the

100% the previous poster was talking about?

Of course some cyclists behave in an anti social way. So do some car drivers, some van drivers, some taxi drivers, some truck drivers, some pedestrians, and some horse riders.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Make your mind up, a moment ago it was "*some*".

Reply to
Alan Braggins

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jules saying something like:

Nor any Allabut.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"some" was bad behaviour, "always" was whining.

Reply to
Clumsy Bastard

what do you need to know about comprehension to realize I'm not the other poster?

Reply to
Clumsy Bastard

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Dave saying something like:

No, he was shouting at you to get your wallet out and the beers in. "No bar slops!"

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember JTM saying something like:

Christ, no wonder many consider the law to be an arse.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"you tell them you just saw one do something oafish" is about bad behaviour (on the part of the oaf, you might well be whining).

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Very little. And to realise that "the previous poster" isn't "you"?

Reply to
Alan Braggins

As is everyone who disagrees with you, or catches you talking crap apparently.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman