Riverside Cottage

You can specify what you like, as long as it meets BR.

That's the usual reason quoted for internal glazing, but imho it's a bit of a false one. External glazed windows use glazing tape, a very tough adhesi ve that prevents that. To get in you'd need to take the same measures requi red to enter through internal glazed windows.

Unsealed DG mists because the inner space is exposed to the same water vapo ur level as indoors, but the temp is lower. Expose that space to the lower outdoor water vapour levels and it simply does not mist. External glazing d oes the latter, internal glazing the former.

hence I said durable species.

Well, that's how ali is. Nothing sticks to it forever. Google can confirm.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My DG is internally glazed and the DG units are sealed. Why would they not be? They are also supposedly filled with argon.

Reply to
Tim Streater

This means that, should a window unit get damaged, it'll be very hard to replace. Internally glazed ones can easily be popped out from the inside and replaced if necessary.

Reply to
Tim Streater

My externally glazed units has one that is now misting up. Or is this the exception to prove the rule?

Reply to
Mark Allread

The misted ones I have are in timber windows so externally glazed.

20+ years though! >
Reply to
Tim Lamb

Probably a similar age here too but in white UPVC frames.

Reply to
Mark Allread

Either a mistake, or using up a bit of surplus non-reflective glass.

Reply to
Dave W

Is water running into the frame or something?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

My experience is that externally mounted sealed units mist when the seals fail. PVC does lose it's shine, but who cares? My units still are white after >35 years. My aluminium windows are >40 yrs old and the white paint finish is still as good as new.

Reply to
Capitol

In message , Capitol writes

OK. Will see me out, then:-(

I think we have covered this topic. Thanks.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

She is right. If you have the money and someone to leave the house to.

Reply to
harry

had my plastics in since 1976, south facing and still clean and white.

Reply to
critcher

Can you get hold of rebated units? Get one or two spares as there could be more on their way out and they might be slightly cheaper to buy that way?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

If it is a different/float glass it could look like that especially as the optical qualities or older glass wasn't as good as float. The only other reason I can imagine is the plane viewed from outside which would obviously change as the viewer moves.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Rebated DG is new to me. I suppose the obvious would be triple glaze. I'll bear it in mind. Currently I am thinking of new aluminium throughout.

Reply to
Tim Lamb