RIP Gerry Anderson

was Space 1999 that did it for me and not Thunderbirds.

Reply to
ARW

Someone finally cut his strings :-(

Reply to
David WE Roberts

In message , ARW writes

Thank you for that ... I woke up this morning thinking about a bearded space pilot puppet and a pacing robot controlling the ship during flights. Couldn't think what the hell it was from until I saw your post and it resolved itself instantly. RIP GA, too, BTW:

Nick

It started for me with Fireball XL5 and finished with Space 1999 or The Secret Service. I was too young to enjoy Supercar.

Reply to
John Williamson

Remember Secret Service with Stanley Unwin?

I go all the way back to four feather Falls and Supercar. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Fireball XL5.

There have been a lot of them. Stingray, (anything can happen in the next...) Jo 90, Captain Scarlet (This is the voice of the mysterons)

Supercar, Four Feather Falls, Secret Service and Thundirbirds, UFO.

UFO yourself...

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

You forgot "The adventures of Twizzle" - not that I've ever seen it. The thing about Space Patrol is that it wasn't made by Anderson but by someone who had worked with him. If you believe the Wikipedia author, it made slightly more scientific sense than such things as Fireball XL5. I just feel slightly odd that memories of Space Patrol should come back before I'd heard that Anderson had croaked. Perhaps it's the Twilight Zone...

Reply to
Nick

Roberta Leigh. Electronic score by F.C Judd G2BCX

Reply to
Graham.

I remember Torchy as well - anyone remember Sarah Brown and her toy - was that Gerry Anderson?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

+1
Reply to
Mr Pounder

No, it was Roberta Leigh so not suprisingly it had a lot in common with Torchy

Reply to
Graham.

Same here. I said that and everyone just looked at me.

And Fireball XL5.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Don't think so. And Twizzle came up in conversation yesterday.

Reply to
Bob Eager

One of the things I remember was that Stanley Kubrick gave him a bell one day and asked him to do the model making for 2001 A Space Odyssey and he turned it down thinking that it wouldn't go anywhere.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Brian Gaff writes

( ... There's always magic in the air)

You old fart ...

Reply to
geoff

In message , Andy Bartlett writes

(Torchy torchy the battery boy ...)

How come I remember all the songs?

Reply to
geoff

I keep telling you, Geoff. It's later than you think and it's a real bastard.

Reply to
brass monkey

Muffin the mule, Andy Pandy, Woodentops, Sooty?

Reply to
harry

All of those I remember - but pre Gerry Anderson!

Reply to
Bob Eager

And Terrahawks...

Reply to