Ring Main addition-20 or 30 amp junction box?

I am adding two extra double sockets to my kitchen ring main and I was proposing to fit two 20 amp junction boxes to enable me to add the extra sockets. A friend said I should fit 30 amp junction boxes instead of 20 amp Is this essential? So far I have not seen any 30amp boxes in B&Q or Wickes Blair

Reply to
Blair

I'm surprised - they're readily available: eg

have three terminals; the 20A ones you've seen typically have four, right? (for use with lighting circuits)

David

Reply to
Lobster

30 amp - three terminals instead of four. Your nearest wholesaler will have them and happily serve you.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Lobster and Dave Thanks for your help Blair

Reply to
Blair