Rigid insulation boards.

The Kingspan/Cellotex sort of thing I mean. I have been looking on the internet about fire rating/combustability/ electrical wiring Surprisingly little there, all a bit vague. Anyone on the panel know about this topic?

Reply to
harry

In message , harry writes

Nothing technical but I have a lot of PIR foam offcuts to dump so I tried putting a flame to a small piece.

There is a small amount of surface combustion and then the flame goes out as char appears.

looks like a skip job:-(

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The PIR foam itself usually has a class 0 fire rating (i.e. very good). It is treated with flame retardants, and is self extinguishing.

Yup, its not going to burn in a hurry!

Reply to
John Rumm

Jeezuz H.

Google "cellotex", first hit in the manufacturers website, "fire rating" in the search box on the cellotex web site, "Advantages of PIR" has a section of Fire performance.

Not difficult was it?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I've got a couple of bulk bags of this, still trying to decide whether to risk feeding them through a chipper and then using as loose fill.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Do you want another one?:-)

My throat doesn't like the dust. I needed some strips at 45mm and used the bandsaw to size it. Cloud of dust every time I switch the m/c on now!

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Won't he need a waste disposal licence?

DARFC

Reply to
David P

I have an exemption, no 7 (annual renewal) spreading waste for the improvement of agricultural land.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Who let him in ;-) refugee from redundant newsgroup.

Now that's stretching the meaning of improvement.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Impending retirement? Best beloved wants him to be occupied and not under her feet?

Umm..

Protection from frost? All those over wintered carrots.

Drainage improvement? Providing channels for the movement of water in heavy soils.

Nesting materials for those avian species alert to the benefits of reflective materials.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

From a PIR MSDS found randomly on the web ...

"Environmental Precautions: Prevent from entering into soil, ditches, sewers, waterways and/or groundwater"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes. They don't actually give reasons.

My PIR scrap will end up in landfill.

The above comments are an *in house* attempt at jocularity within the well regulated agricultural community:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

That looks like a standard term that people copy and paste without thinking.

For example:

"EYE CONTACT Promptly wash eyes with plenty of water while lifting the eye lids"

also "ECOTOXICITY There are no data on the ecotoxicity of this product." (although that probably means "yes, we know it's harmless, you know it's harmless, but no tests have been *on this product*")

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Still a few years to go till then - unless something unforeseen happens - though she does seem anxious already to find me things to do. When the old suite was replaced I was told in no uncertain terms that the settee had to be put in the garage loft ready for me to strip and refurbish 'as a hobby when you retire'. A Beech frame and springs is what it stripped down to and it now awaits my retirement as a DIY venture.

And with those last 3 words we get the thread onto topic rather than an agricultural meander

Reply to
David P