Reseating / sealing a tyre

That won't work in his case because the tire needs to be sealed to fill it with water to freeze the water to get it to seal.

Reply to
Rod Speed

And getting it into the freezer without losing the water is too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Funny you should say that but was thinking the same thing myself yesterday. I think it is close to getting sealed on the rim so might give this a try over the weekend. Other option I thought of was to buy an inner tube although seems a waste for a 2 mile journey v

Reply to
Lee Nowell

Drill a hole in it and pour the water in. Then freeze it without reorienting it. Bill

Reply to
wrights...

But the tyre isn't on the rim ... you might get a little water in but I don't see how you could fill it ...

Reply to
nothanks

I daresay you could put the whole thing in a large binbag. After skating 100 yards down the road the external ice should fall off :)

Reply to
Animal

Thought I would give a quick update. I sealed the rim that was clearly not on the wheel with silicone and it seems to have sealed ok. Now found out that the other side was not as sealed as I thought it was!! Now siliconed that edge as well and waiting for it to cure. Whole thing looks a mess but hopefully will be enough to inflate it and keep inflated long enough to tow the trailer to the scrap place 😄

Reply to
Lee Nowell

save yourself the hassle & give it away

Reply to
Animal

Alas I tried to but nobody wanted it as they couldn't tow it away. If this doesn't work then it will be angle grinder time.

Reply to
Lee Nowell

Take the pump/compressor (with filled tank) with you?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer