Require unbreakable ! mobile 3G connection ( dongle )

Set it to ping at set times. Set the devices to push video/stills. As you indicated.

If that doesn't please use always on.

Reply to
Steve Firth

tony sayer wrote: [snip]

Not in this country, but in Italy I have a Huawei E353 21.6 Mbps with a Digicom (spit) router. The connection achieves 6-8MB ps throughput which is as good as the DSL I can get in the UK.

Since it's line of sight to the mast in Italy I don't have problems with poor signal and dropouts.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Already being done, by London Zoo:

satphone not 3G)

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Yes of course "delivery" via radio can be problematic but it seems to me the contention ratios are rather high. I've seen it around 6 odd megs in the middle of the night whereas a few 10's of K during the day when I presume the systems well loaded....

Reply to
tony sayer

Yep, contention is a bugger. I'm now on a wireless 3G link, installed under a Government Broadband Scheme for rural areas. Luckily, there's also an ADSL enabled exchange in the village, so the contention for the 3G isn't too bad. As I'm at the end of 5km of copper wire, ADSL reached 1.7Mbps but no higher. On 3G I get 5Mbps most of the time with very rare lapses - however, I await the transfer of some more landline owners over to the wireless as it's considerably cheaper to run. It won't be as much then, when every bugger and his dog is fighting for a share.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon