REQUEST - very rough estimate of cost of a garden wall

Yes; but it also obstructs access and viewing.

I have suggested to Google Maps that their Satellite view should offer Summer and Winter versions, since the latter would show what is at land level substantially better.

Reply to
Dr S Lartius

I quite like it. A problem with garden walls is that usually they're fairly narrow with not much room for soil, the plants don't have much room for their roots and it dries out easily. Careful choice of plants to cope with those conditions is essential.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Yes. But if you have your line length set to the generally accepted line length of 80 characters, the link fits neatly into one line.

The long link breaks at the end of the line, so doesn't work without some repair work or using tinyurl (or similar).

I think it is purely random but you are obviously unlucky!

Reply to
Terry Casey

People can request it.

There are 3 houses blocked here. Although Google did not do a good job of it at you can see the house on Princeport Road from the photo taken on Essexport Road.

ARW

Sorry two houses not three.

There is a good cafe a few hundred metres away (that how I Googled the place) as I was working nearby.

Reply to
ARW

In News, the lifetime of the link is not of great importance. But I often write in HTML (because I know enough of HTML better than I do of my other non-plaintext systems) and there line-length does not matter but longevity does.

I have now remembered that when considering the cost of a wall, one should also consider its effect on the resale vale of the property.

Reply to
Dr S Lartius

That is a little different. That is removing the whole photograph. My neighbour's is the same. He parks some expensive cars on his drive.

But this shows the whole house blurred out.

Reply to
Andrew May