Reply creating a new thread?

I have noticed that some of my replies seem to be creating new threads with the same subject line, as in Re: Car problem OT. Any thoughts as to why?

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

In article , MuddyMike writes

Both your replies in that thread are threading correctly here and contain the correct entries in the 'References:' header that are used to thread articles so you are sending correctly formatted messages.

That suggests it is your reader that is mis-threading them on receipt.

Can't help further I'm afraid as I don't use Outlook Excuse but at least it's narrowed down to your receive side rather than your send side. Perhaps another can help further but it is a notoriously poor newsreader.

Reply to
fred

Having said that, I use OE and it is threading fine for me. No new threads started out of place.

Reply to
Tinkerer

I think that some folk have found your original uk.d-i-y post using Google. This will link them to this newsgroup via a back-door mechanism that allows them to reply to your post. It will, however, include 're' in the reply.

It happened to me once, and the sender knew nothing about newsgroups, readers, etc, he told me.

DavidJ

Reply to
David J

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember David J saying something like:

Or diybanter and similar.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon