Reply creating a new thread?

I have noticed that some of my replies seem to be creating new threads with the same subject line, as in Re: Car problem OT. Any thoughts as to why?
Mike

Both your replies in that thread are threading correctly here and contain the correct entries in the 'References:' header that are used to thread articles so you are sending correctly formatted messages.
That suggests it is your reader that is mis-threading them on receipt.
Can't help further I'm afraid as I don't use Outlook Excuse but at least it's narrowed down to your receive side rather than your send side. Perhaps another can help further but it is a notoriously poor newsreader.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks

Having said that, I use OE and it is threading fine for me. No new threads started out of place.
--
Tinkerer

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:36:13 +0100, "MuddyMike"

I think that some folk have found your original uk.d-i-y post using Google. This will link them to this newsgroup via a back-door mechanism that allows them to reply to your post. It will, however, include 're' in the reply.
It happened to me once, and the sender knew nothing about newsgroups, readers, etc, he told me.
DavidJ
saying something like:

Or diybanter and similar.