replacing lamp fitting: dealing with loop wiring

I want to replace an old light fitting in a bathroom. The old installation consists of a loop-in ceiling rose with bulb-holder built in. The lamp fitting I bought to replace it attaches directly to the ceiling ie. it does not use the ceiling rose. It is similar to the one shown at:

the new lamp fitting has only two terminals. Is it OK to use a connector block to join together the other wires? - I think a connector block might just fit in the light fitting (i.e. within the white plastic part that goes against the ceiling). The instructions for the lamp say that the wires must be sleeved in heat-resistant silicone sleeving, some of which is provided, but not enought to sleeve all of the wires that are present (there are nine of them. Has anyone come across this directive to sleeve the wires, and know where i can get more sleeving?

Do lamps exist with integrated connectors for loop-in wiring, which would make life easier?

Reply to
julianl99

On or around 23 Oct 2005 07:45:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk mused:

Pull all the wiring into the loft and fit a junction box with a single cable going to the light fitting.

Someone did, once, I remember it vaguely from about 10 years ago.

Reply to
Lurch