Replacing Hot Water Cylinder

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if this nanny state in which we now live have prevented DIY'ers from replacing their own Vented (Indirect) Hot Water Cylinder ? Think I read somewhere that you are supposed to inform your local Building Control or getting a qualified plumber in ?

Ta. Tim.

Reply to
monolog99

The only way people will know you or a mate did the job is to take out a full page advert in the local paper, put some adverts on TV and wrap a banner around your house.

Reply to
Ian

Bowlocks - as I understand it Nanny has let us replace the cylinder. It is a replacement, if there is no immersion then no electrical issue, even if there is, it is only a replacement. Get on with it and give Nanny the proverbial!

Reply to
clot

snipped-for-privacy@f52g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...

I doubt that would even get BCO on to him. Frankly they don't want to know (although there may be some places where they haven't enough to do - yeah right). If you wrote a letter to the BCO telling him that you were deliberately flouting the law I suppose they would have to do something about you.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The issue is that all replacement cylinders have to come up to the Part L Standard ... However the chance that the OP will get caught has got to be really small.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

It's probably quite difficult to buy one which *doesn't* comply with the part L Standard. (Unless you get it from a scrap dealer!)

Reply to
Roger Mills

Agreed. However there are the installation issues: time and temperature controlled heating. insulation on all hot pipes for at least 1m.

Reply to
Ed Sirett