Replacing grout in floor tiles

Out of complete stupidity I layed a dark grey slate floor over a year ago and grouted it with white grout. Being in a kitchen its quickly discoloured and now looks bloody awful. I want to remove all the old grout and redo it with grey grout which won`t show up all the crap. What is the best way of doing this given that the grout lines are between 0.5 and 1cm ? - its also a large area (approx 20m2) so its going to be a back breaking job :-(

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Hello Steve

Have you tried a Carbide grout scraper , its a tool for this type o job,your local tile shop should sell them (you may want to get som cushioned kneepads while your at it ,lol)

Mr Jingle

-- Mr Jingles

Reply to
Mr Jingles

(i) the grey still shows the crap: Use a scrubbing brush.

(ii) slosh brick acid all over it. That may dissolve enough grout to enable regrouting.

Otherwise you are screwed., Grout NEVER comes off slates, except when its really awkward to replace. Then it falls out all by itself.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Isn't there a drill attachment to remove grout - I'm sure I saw something ages ago for a dremmel.

Just a thought.

Dave

Hi Dremal do an attachement but OMG it would take a week to do ,thi scraper is like a stanley knife but its got a Carbide blade ,its a bac breaking job but it does break up the grou

-- Mr Jingles

Reply to
Mr Jingles