White grout in Black floor tiles. Is there a problem?

The Mrs wants black polished granite floor tiles for the bathroom. All the displays bar one we have seen have had white grout between them that really brought the tiles out. However when we enquired about the tiles today, we were told by the shop worker that white grout would stain the tiles and they only used white for demonstrating them!!

We seen the same tiles with black/ dark grey grout but were disappointed with the look.

Is there a specific reason why white shouldn't be used as I haven't seen any staining on the (many) shop displays I've looked at?

Cheers

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Yes, making a real visual feature of white grout would be a mistake, it soon gets grotty.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

White epoxy grout in our downstairs cloakroom (regularly used) is still white after 5 or 6 years.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q