Replacing gland seal on Drayton TRV4

I've got a couple of TRV4 valves which are leaking a bit around the pin. Google has revealed a YouTube video

which, towards the end, suggests that a gland seal replacement kit is available, enabling you to replace the seal without draining the system.

I've tried googling for the kit, but apart from a few mentions that it exists I can't find out a source them. Anyone know where I might get them from?

Reply to
Davidm

WOW - emailed Drayton customer services to enquire about suppliers, and they are sending me a tool plus a handful of seals free. That's what I call service!

Reply to
Davidm

I've always been impressed with Drayton. They used to supply replacement heads for their decades-old TRVs (and may still do so).

I bought a load of their TRV4's very cheaply at the Screwfix trade show last year.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

WOW - that's almost as good as making TRVs that don't fall apart after a few years! 8^)

Reply to
John Stumbles

replying to Davidm, Keith Martin wrote: Contact Drayton and they will advise details of your nearest stockest

Reply to
Keith Martin

For a non hoboners club link:

Fredxx

For anyone else stumbling across this - Drayton advise screwing the seal down an eighth of a turn every year (using long-nose pliers) then changing it when it bottoms out.

Reply to
Rory