Replacing DECT cordless phone batteries?

My Philips Kala cordless phone batteries need replacing. It is fitted with 2 x AA 1.2v 600 mAh NiCd batteries and the handbook says only AA

600 mAh rechargeable batteries should be used as replacements. I have some AA 2000mAh Ni-Mh batteries and was wondering if it would be ok to use them in this phone?

The technical specifications say: Power Supply Handset : 2 x AA/LR6 1.2 V 600 mAh NiCd Base : 8V DC / 250 mA Output 1 6.5V AC/ 95 mA Output 2

Reply to
John

It is perfectly OK, the charging circuitry is quite crude and although the battery life might be slightly reduced it is unlikely to be noticed.

Reply to
Peter Parry

on 28/10/2005, John supposed :

They should be fine.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I tried this with a BT Diverse phone (Siemens) which had the same dire warning.

The batteries never stopped charging. I took them out when the phone got almost too hot to hold.

I guess, if the batteries are just lying around then it's probably worth a go.

Reply to
Mark

Thanks for that, will give it a try.

Reply to