Replacement Lock Cylinders

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get replacement cylinders for the type of Yale lock that has an lock on the inside as well as the traditional outside cylinder.

Something like this:

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

In fact the one that I have is probably more like this:

Reply to
Andrew May

The outside cylinder would probably be a standard type - if that's what has= failed and your reason for wanting to replace the inside one as well is to= have the same key for both, I'd suggest as an alternative that it should b= e possible to get a new cylinder to fit your existing key from a locksmith.= If it isn't that and you want to change the key I suspect it would be a lo= t easier just to buy a new nightlatch complete...

Reply to
docholliday93

It should be but you may have to visit a proper locksmith to get a matched pair of the right Yale cylinders. Whereabouts are you?

The right sort of locksmith tends to be like an Alladin's cave.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Martin Brown wrote: [snip]

I think you will find those are llocksmiths.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Andrew May :

Have you considered rekeying it?.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Wouldn't it be easier to just replace the cylinder? If I could find one.

Reply to
Andrew May

And I will bet a silk pajama There isn't any three-L lllocksmith.

Oops, doesn't quite work.

Reply to
Adam Funk

Only in Walles.

Reply to
PeterC

The cylinder on the outside is fairly standard and easy to replace, but on = the limited selection of these things that I've seen the one that goes into= the handle is different for each make and is swaged in place - you may be = lucky and find the one in your lock is removable, in which case you then kn= ow what it looks like, but if you have to do major work on the lock to fit = a new cylinder you're getting to the point where you have to use something = else to secure the door while you spend a few hours in the workshop. That's= the point at which I tend to just get a new lock...

Reply to
docholliday93