Repetitive Strain

Turning the oven on full setting so that it reaches 200 C faster and then having to turn it back down to 200 C.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Closely allied to turning up the central heating thermostat to warm the house more quickly.

There is also the relief of strains syndrome; notably performed by drivers even older than I am. One example is extending the dip switch life by driving with the headlight adjustment fully raised.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I wish that I had exercised the headlamp adjustment on my car more in its earlier life then I might have found that one headlamp was a bit temperamental before the warranty expired!

Reply to
John

Alarmingly, the culprits of most of this threads crimes are mostly women.

Yet, they manage to cook for us - and us men folk are still living, so it's not that bad...

Reply to
Adrian C

Umm..

This morning the telephone was in use so, rather than wait, I decided to get my hair cut. Truck out of barn, 4 mile drive, pay and display, walk to barbers, queue through endless 1/2 term sprogs, haircut, reverse the journey, open the front door and..... you guessed! She was just finishing the same call.

I dare say that multitasking was in operation, cutting fruit for marmalade, washing up etc. but, just think what they could achieve if they concentrated their attention:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Try fitting a slightly longer chain. Then there's a chance of the Hoovering being done.

Reply to
Andy Hall

A motivational approach can work well - attach an elapsed hours or motion sensor to the hoover and link it to the telephone and/or chocolate dispenser. One hour's hoovering gets five minutes' conversation or a finger of fudge.

Extending the principle to a GPS tagging system, half a day's ploughing could allow twenty minutes' conversation, one call to the QVC orderline, or a curlywurly and a small bag of maltesers.

A similar scheme using RFID tags embedded in garments can be used to encourage teenagers to put their clothes in the wardrobe.

Only the other night I was trying to work out how many trips a

3-year-old on a trike with a trailer would take to shift 1 cwt of coal. I don't have a 3-year-old, or an open fire, but a friend has both, and I'm a helpful soul.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They might as well leave on the ones from the shop

Reply to
Andy Hall

This is bravery beyond the point of foolhardiness.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Shop tags have to be left in the changing rooms otherwise the security alarm at the door goes off.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

My girlfriend has a 4 year old son and it took him bloody ages to pull a case of Stella up the steep hill from the off licence (on his trike with a trailer) to my house. To make things worse he is too small to reach the fridge and load up for me.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes but at least you can sit the can on his head while drinking

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm in Scotland. Not far from here a 6-year-old was found worse the wear from cider. Not sure I could trust a 4-year-old with a case of Stella.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

So did Lotus and the handbrakes usually lived up to at least the first half of the acronym - Lots Of Trouble.

Reply to
Roger

Don't think there's a car with disc rear brakes that has a 100% reliable handbrake. Even the BMW etc separate drum system is far from perfect.

The Girling swing caliper with integral handbrake as fitted to Rover P6 etc at least worked extremely well - when it worked at all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I never had any bother with the Volvo 240.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Yes, but then drinking is the national sport up there!

Reply to
zikkimalambo