Repair mug handle?

Tell you what, spill some on your plums, and then come back to me.

A lot of injury from hot liquid spills are caused by clothing keeping the hot liquid on the skin longer than if it had run off.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Kapton tape as used for PCB rework might be a good candidate.

Reply to
John Rumm

Good thought, and I have some.

However, I think I may just look for a new mug - I can get one *almost* the same!

Reply to
Bob Eager

We have a much loved jug whose handle keeps breaking in different places. I have now repaired it four times with epoxy glue which has worked fine for years. BIG however, we don't have a dishwasher, so it is always washed in w ater we can get our hands into.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Painful and unpleasant, not 'serious injury'. No emergency ambulance required.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Indeed and I've done similar in the past with equal success, with handles and even gluing a mug that was broken completely in two using standard Araldite.

Just so as to compensate for my clumsiness in dropping the thing in the first place, when plenty of replacements were already to hand.

So just out of curiosity I just checked their product description. Whoops ! On there, standard Araldite is only good to 65% C; although obviously a margin of arse-covering understatement needs to be allowed for. So maybe 130%C tops.

michael adams

michael adams

"How to Fix a Porcelain Mug ..."

Should work, getting expenses approval and a ticket to go out and purchase a TIG...

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Cyanoacrylate doesn't like repeated immersion in water. I've repaired a couple of mugs with Araldite and used them for years afterwards, but not in a dishwasher or microwave.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Ive found heat cured epoxy to be 100% useable under all normal conditions. I have not tried it in the oven above 100C though.

But there are epoxies that work at very high temps

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher