Weld for plastic?

I need to wels 2 pieces of plastic on a kirby vacuum cleaner, I am not sure what type of plastic it is ABS or polycarbonate. I was wondering if this would be suitable. The joint is a good fit and probably not under pressure. Any thoughts on this or another type? Weld On WO-611 Solvent Cement 250ml

ss

Google for "burn test plastic", identify the plastic, then choose a suitable "solvent weld" glue.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

This will stick ABS and PVC OK.

I doubt if the Kirby is made of polycarbonate.

However modern stuff is mostly polypropylene and that is difficult to glue, no solvent type cement available.

Reply to
Chris Green