Help needed: biased/momentary light switches?

I want to replace the two biased architrave switches that control the garage doors with a standard dual switchplate, but can't find any that have the usual white rocker but are momentary action (biased off). Does such a thing exist? If I can't find anything, the fallback is to get an MK blanking plate and fit a couple of push buttons to it, but I'd prefer it to look like a light switch.

Reply to
mailbin

One way would be to use a grid plate with two momentary press switches, e.g.

is a two (or more) way yoke and front plate.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You'll likely have to go to a grid switch system. See TLC, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks, I hadn't looked at those.

Reply to
mailbin

I prefer the Scolmore minigrid

One CMA402 and two MD004WH

And maybe a plastic backbox

Reply to
ARW

Now the further thought occurs. Would a mid position switch work? eg a MD075WH in a single module?

I am not sure if the OP has multiple garage doors and a switch for each door or one garage door and one switch to open it and one switch to close it!

Reply to
ARW

K4878PWHI from MK any good?

Thats a single and so far I can't find a dual.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Google grid switches and use a doorbell push Eg:-

harry

There are two doors. To operate them the relevant switch needs to be held down and the direction toggles with each operation. A DP centre off switch on its side would be good (a SP centre off switch might be OK but I need to open up the control box to check). Thanks!

Reply to
mailbin

You've done better than I did.

Reply to
mailbin

Bell push achitrave switch - MK used to make them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yes - MK Grid and GET Grid both have retractive centre off rockers:

Tim Watts

Several makers still, as you say search for 'architrave push switch' and you should find some. I bought one recently from Edwardes Electrical.

Reply to
Chris Green

That's true but my message started with: "I want to replace the two biased architrave switches ... with a standard dual switchplate"

Reply to
mailbin

Thanks, but what contorted version of English uses "retractive" to mean "biased" or "momentary"? (Walks off, muttering into beard ... )

Reply to
mailbin

Must admit I'd not seen the term before either. Momentary or fleeting or non latching are those I'm familiar with.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which was ambiguous, I thought you meant a standard dual *architrave* switchplate, even though I didn't know if such things existed.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Everyone in the electronic engineering world I think :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not everyone - I have an Electronic Engineering degree (but from the "pre-Chinglish" days) ;-)

Reply to
mailbin

I'd say it's rather new being used for this purpose in things like the TLC catalogue. Of course it's not a bit I look for that often.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)