Repairing crack in flat bitumen roof

Is there anything better than black exterior mastic (frame sealer) to repair a foot long crack in a bitumen felt roof? The crack is near the edge where there is a lip to control direction of water flow.
Some has used what is now hard grey stuff to repair some previous blemishes in the tiles. It is subsequently cracked.
--
Michael Chare

Michael Chare wrote:

You can get roof sealant cartridges which I think are bitumen based and should retain some flexibility.
On 11/11/2017 18:24, Bob Minchin wrote:

Thank you. Screwfix sell Mapei Backfill Bitumen sealant cartridges. They are twice the price of their other roof sealant products. I wonder if they are any better.
--

Michael Chare

On Saturday, 11 November 2017 19:38:56 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:

Bitumen is cheap stuff. General approach to roof cracks: Fill crack with sand & bitumen Apply bitumen Apply cloth. Anything can do but synthetic fibres last better. Apply bitumen Apply sand.
* for bitumen read bitumen + solvent, sold in gallon cans.
NT
On 11/11/2017 18:24, Bob Minchin wrote:

With a long crack, it might be worth applying a felt patch, bedded on mastic from a tin (slightly cheaper than cartridges).

Aquapol with its reinforcing scrim? Wonderful stuff.
--
*Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive *

On Saturday, 11 November 2017 16:28:51 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:

Flash band on top of bitumous mastic. Use the flashband primer. Best done in warm weather. Unfortunately.
On 12/11/2017 08:06, harry wrote:

I have used this on my felt shed roof with good results. I believe it is bitumen with fiber particles to strengthen it.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/cementone-roof-repair-compound-black-1kg/57518
On 12/11/2017 08:06, harry wrote:

+1 Aluminium strip with about 2mm bitumen on one side. I have found it very effective when it is used with the appropriate primer. It can easily be moulded. I used it once to seal a circular downpipe going through a flat garage roof. Very effective
Malcolm

I repair my flat metal kitchen extension roof with a length off a roll of grey foil with bitumen layer obtained from a roofing merchant. Heat from a blowtorch melts it onto the metal.
--
Dave W

"jim" <k> wrote in message

Over the split in the metal caused by slates falling off the main roof onto it, corner first.
--
Dave W