Boiler help

I have a license copper lines boiler. It fries up immediately a d then the flame goes out and right back on over and over.. I ha e changed the ignition assembly figuring it was a sensor but didn't help. The flame was a strong blue yesterday and now today it starts blue and then weakens within a couple second it goes out and then relights.

Reply to
Ray

Never heard of one of those... What is the actual make and model?

Reply to
John Rumm

Is it the pilot or the burner that's going out and relighting?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Dirt in the gas feed to the pilot light?

We had an old floor standing gas boiler and every year or so small bits of dust would get into the small diameter pipe which fed the pilot light and would then block the gas jet and the light would go out. The gas would cut off, the dust would drop back under gravity, and then the pilot would light again, only to slowly fade out.

A quick blow through of the pipe (and sometimes a gentle clean of the pilot jet) would sort it.

Always happened when it was cold and I was in a hurry.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I had that with large volumes of iridescent dark grey flakes of very light stuff. I assumed it was due to some chemical reaction between the gas and the service pipe or some component of the meter and pipework. Anyone seen such a phenomenon? I had to keep taking the gas valve apart (to a greater degree than was entirely safe or legal I think) and blowing out the passages and valve compenents with compressed air.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

It could be clogging of the inlet filter on the supply connection to the gas valve. Put a manometer on the inlet pressure test point.

Reply to
Cynic