Rennovation/replacement of gutters sofits and gable end

I need to get the gutters and sofits etc sorted out. SWMBO tells me that I am too old to be working up ladders. She is probably right especially as the brother in law fell off one last year and smashed his elbow very badly.

The house is 50 years old and is a conventional semi-detached, so we are talking about 2 runs of 8 or 9 metres guttering back and front and a gable end over the garage.

What should I expect to pay, to have this sorted out?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Has anyone any experience of Quality home improvements uk ltd

had a visit from these people, "as they were working in the area".

Any other tips or recommendations?

Cheers Alan

Reply to
Alan (BigAl)

Alan (BigAl) wrote on 21/09/2011 :

Ignoring the garage, we were quoted £850 to £1000 - gutters, facias soffits and fall pipes. I did the lot in a weekend, did a better job than I suspect they would have done and the materials were around the £150 - £200 mark. Two of us working with only one ladder long enough, plus one too short ladder, plus lots of use of ropes to raise the far ends of sections into place. It not heavy, just awkward to handle up a ladder.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I'm always very suspicious of that sales pitch on principle. Clearly not that busy if they have time to wander from door to door. OTOH if I see someone *actually* working I'm more inclined to say "Would you like to have a look at my whatsit".

Reply to
Newshound