Removing Wallpaper glue

I have purchased a property with papered ceilings. I have removed the paper from 3 with another 3 to do, but have now started to painstakingly remove the paste left behind - this is going to take forever! It has taken 2 hours to complete a piece about 1ft by 4ft. Does anyone have any tips for removing this stuff.

If the ceiling were to be artexed would it still be necessary to remove all of the paste of could it be seal with a PVA sealer?

Reply to
spotshop

Wallpaper steamer and a scraper

Reply to
Robbo

Why would you need to remove it? Last time I stripped paper I just painted the walls.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In my experience if you leave glue on the walls the paint peels off.

Reply to
spotshop

Yup, sure does - or looks blotchy and takes several caots to get an even finish.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I have used a product called DIF in the US and I have heard that using a diluted vinegar and water solution sprayed on with remove the glue (have not tried that one before) Chuck

Handyman For Hire