Charges by Fulcrum Connections for moving a meter

I have an application pack from Fulcrum connenctions to move a gas meter from an inside wall to directly outside. The cost is around =A3450 plus =A3100 to re-connect. The form asks you not to complete the price if you are registered disabled or pensionable age. I phoned to ask whether there is a discount for these catagories, as I currenlty own the property but my parents will be moving in after the refurb. I was told they would need to visit and assess the situation before they could answer. Has anyone had experience of the pricing sturucture for someone over pensionable age? Should I wait before I get the work done.

Reply to
spotshop

There used to be a provision where suppliers were supposed to foot the=20 bill under certain circumstances (such as above), but at least one I=20 know of decided to charge the same as if a non-disabled customer made=20 the request based on:

a) the concept of not discriminating b) the additional "income" they received for their disability

You may still find something of use on the energywatch.org.uk website,=20 and possibly the OFGEM site.

I do know that some suppliers still foot the bill for their customers -=20 often as a sweetener for changing to them for their bills.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

No idea on your question, but I have had recent experience with Fulcrum. They are, I think, the most disorganised and incompetant company I have ever had the misfortune to come across. I would get everything in writing, and try to avoid calling them if at all possible.

Good luck.

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

Sounds like a hell of a lot of money. It only cost me 200 GBP a couple of years ago to have a new gas supply laid on (ie connecting the house to the gas main under the pavement).

I'm not sure what the regs are now about how much of your work would need to be done by the prescribed body - the rules seem to change regularly and it's incredibly difficult to get a straight answer if you ask the question of any official body.

David

Reply to
Lobster

In message , snipped-for-privacy@f2s.com writes

My personal experience. Firstly all VAT registered suppliers will zero rate work done for disabled persons (there's no such thing as 'registered' disabled anymore), provided the customer signs a simple declaration that they have a disability.

I needed a gas meter moved to an outside wall to allow me to have a downstairs loo installed, because the stairs were becoming a challenge. When I asked Fulcrum to zero rate the work, they refunded the whole cost of the job, company policy apparently.

The downside, a hole in the pavement for a fortnight, the front garden was never reinstated properly, the cast iron pipe-stub inside was never removed ("get your installer to remove it" -- "I'm not touching that!") and customer services are a chuffin nightmare.

Reply to
jeanette