Correct connections: £1 mains coin meter?

Can anyone advise which connections are which, on this £1 electric coin meter? Here is a photo:

are four connections, lower left. Presumably they are: (not necessarily in correct order):

1) Live, from mains 2) Live, to appliances 3) Neutral, from mains 4) Neutral, to appliances

But which is which? There is a basic circuit diagram stamped on the inside of the terminals cover (right picture) which may explain it to the enlightened.

I cannot see any earth connection. Should there be one?

Thanks for any help.

Jake

Reply to
Jake Jones

Usually - Live in Neutral in Neutral out Live out

No earth required

Reply to
john

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:53:02 +0100, Jake Jones mused:

Meters are normally (from L to R) Live in, Neutral in, Neutral out, Live out.

Not usually.

Reply to
Lurch

I would say (Left to right) Live in, Neutral in, Neutral to appliance, Live to appliance

Reply to
Tim Morley

Thanks! (to John, Lurch and Tim)

Jake