Removing paint from sandstone

I have a sandstone fireplace surround that has been tastefully painted with blue emulsion. I'm guessing thet the paint has been in place for a couple of years. I've tried Nitro Morse but am having difficulty getting a completely clean finish. Any ideas on how to remove the paint without damaging the stone underneath?

Reply to
Nick

I'm no stone mason but could the emulsion have soaked into the stone? You might have to get it lighly sandblasted or something of that ilk

Cheers Jonathan

Reply to
jonathan

nick snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk (Nick) wrote in news:8f41eb.0307310503.1c589642 @posting.google.com:

Nitro Morse - the well known exploding detective!! :)

You may well have to sand blast the stone to get it off. The stone will probably have absorbed some paint. Karcher do a sandblashing option for their jet washes and you'll be able to hire one locally.

The alternative would be to paint it stone coloured!!!!!!

Reply to
Danny Monaghan