Removing chuck from power drill

Except that its use as a lubricant can be worse than nothing. The carrier evaporates, leaving a sticky residue that holds dust and dirt and clogs mechanisms - which is why it is strongly advised not to use it on model trains and the like.

I keep meaning to try a couple of them.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

But to be fair I suppose I should add that I used WD40 simply because it was conveniently available. I expect a number of other fluids would have been effective. I expect low viscosity was probably more important than lubricating properties. For all I know white spirit might have even done the trick whereas cycle oil might not have penetrated down the threads.

Reply to
Mike Clarke