Removing a radiator permanantly

Hi All

I would like to remove a radiator but am not sure whether I just put stop ends on the two feed pipes or do I add pipework to join the two together (to complete the circuit perhaps)?

Thanks in advance

Oldskool

Reply to
stevemorrow

Block the ends off, it would be unreasonable for your heating to stop working if you turned a radiator off.

Reply to
Ian

Stop ends - that will be similar to having a rad there with the valve turned off. If you were to connect the old input and output, then if you think about it you'd effectively be fitting up a new but very small radiator with no way of turning it off...

David

Reply to
Lobster

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 08:52:21 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@talktalk.net wrote this:-

Blank the ends off. If possible find the tees where the pipes come off the main pipes, blank off there/remove the tee and recover the pipes. If that is not possible, in a heating system long dead legs are not too heavily frowned upon.

Reply to
David Hansen