Removing dried paint on carpet?

i've had a dust sheet down for some time but on removing it i've found a couple of small (size of a coin) areas where some paint has got through and dried. from a distance you cant really see it but i still want to remove it if possible. i've only ever used water based paint so that should help i guess. so does anyone know how to remove it without damaging the carpet?
its not thick blobs, its more like a trace of dried flaky paint stuck to the twist pile. Very small and not very noticable but id still like to remove it :)

Cleaning it will reveal a cleaner patch to the rest of the carpet.
Use water ONLY and scrape it of with a plastic spatula then wipe rigorously with a damp cloth
On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 08:37:39 -0700, benpost wrote:

========================================Try a metal pet comb if you've got one.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux
benpost wrote:

How about steam cleaning it? - NB this may or may not be a bad idea; just floating it for more expert comment!
David

Steaming is the same as cleaning it with carpet cleaner it will show a clean patch and a dirty carpet. :-)
Lobster wrote:

I was going to suggest hot water & a little detergent aggitated with a stiff brush, so steam should work. Emulsion comes out easily enough.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Cuthroat razor? Just "shave" off the affected strands

Dear Ben I would try to re-emulsify the water-based paint and soften it with a water soaked rag or sponge in a poly bag for 12 hours before I did any attempts at physical removal I would try a plastic scouring pad first then go to more vigorous methods but try to retain the carpet fibres Pet combe souded good as a last resort Chris
Hi Guys I found an old toothbrush and a glass of warm water + washing up liquid, dampened the areas and scrubbed with the toothbrush, eventually it seems to have got it all off. Once its dried i'll double check. Its a new carpet so dont have to worry about cleaning the affected area and having other shades where its dirtier. thanks for the replies
saying something like:

Guest House Paradiso?
I know you said you didn't want to damage the carpet but sandpaper has always done the job for me.
Brendan.

I've tried all the usual methods, and one stands out as much quicker, easier and more effective. Use a chisel, scrape it backwards across the carpet repetedly. Move round a bt more with each stroke, so the edge goes over it in all directions. Hard to explain, but its fast & effective, and doesnt damage the pile.
NT
so does anyone know how to remove it

I had the same problem a few years ago. I used a pair of side cutters to trim off or remove the affected strands. A bit tedious to do, but the result was perfect - completely undetectable.
CRB