Removed radiator, now problem with boiler.

Hi all,

We took a radiator off yesterday, and some dodgy pipework meant that quite a bit of water was lost from the system before it was capped off.

The pressure meter in the Worcester combi reads 0, but attempting to refil it has no effect on the reading. After letting water into the boiler the meter didn't move but we started getting a drip out of the safety discharge pipe. Presumably there is enough water in the boiler, but the meter is still reading zero.

Will bleeding the remaining radiators fix this, or has something else gone wrong?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Stickytroll

Maybe the needle's just stuck. Try itting the gauge wiv an ammer. Gently!

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

Your gauge is probably knackered

Reply to
cynic

More likely the relief valve is leaking, give it a twist to discharge any gunge and see if it helps. If it can't be re-seated a new one may be needed.

Reply to
<me9

Thanks for the suggestions so far... So am I to assume that the fact this happened (knackered/stuck gauge or leaky relief valve) after taking out a radiator is just coincidence?

Tom.

Reply to
Stickytroll

It would appear toe the last of these. Water is definitely going in, and is not coming out of the relief valve.

The needle is at the correct side of the zero pin.

If I turn on a hot tap the boiler is firing up and I'm getting (very) hot water out. When I turn the tap off there is a lot of gurgling and sucking going on around the radiators, so I presume there's some air in there somewhere, but bleeding any of the radiators just gives water, no air.

Is it safe to use hot water now? Do I need to get the gauge fixed first?

Reply to
Stickytroll

Pressure gauge stuck? Happens on some of them.

Reply to
YAPH