Radiator not working - help appreciated!

We have a combi boiler - and radiators in every room. One radiator only is not working. It becomes mildly warm but that is all. I thought the problem might be the thermostat on the rad, or, less likely perhaps, that there may be air in the system (the radiator is in the middle floor of three floors) - Is there a way of checking/ repairing the thermostat or of bleeding the system?

Regards - Pete S

Reply to
Pete Scott

in the current cold snap the thermostatic radiator valves are probably open all over the house and by passing this one rad. Shut all the rest down and check if it then heats up.

john2

Reply to
john2

Many thanks John - I appreciate your help...and you were right!

Kind Regards - Pete S

Reply to
Pete Scott

That means that your system needs balancing to ensure that all radiators get an equitable share of hot water when they are all on.

The balancing FAQ at

may help.

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)