Remove ceiling rose to fit light

The Missus has bought a new light for the kids bedroom. It's this one, a Lulea from B&Q.

looking at the instructions, "it will be necessary to remove any existing ceiling rose to allow clearance for installation". Now I've done this before, but I still wake up sweating at some of the bodges I did in my youth. Can anyone tell me the safest way to connect all the feeds without the rose and insulate them safely in the ceiling space? TIA, |P

Reply to
goodolpete

Move the rose to above the ceiling. Fit a pendant rose to the ceiling joist above then pass just the pendant flex through the ceiling hole to the new fitting.

Reply to
funkyoldcortina

You can cut a hole in the ceiling, log the whole rose up there, and use its pendent flex to feed your fitting. Alternatively get one of the various JB designed for these applications. Or use chock block type terminals and put them in a chockbox.

John Rumm

Wago 224 Series Lighting Connectors

wonderful things.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> Bloody wonderful things.

All very good but the Wago connectors should be enclosed in a plastic box.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Or otherwise suitably enclosed...

Notes Connectors should be used within a suitable enclosure. but can be installed in a cavity when installing backless equipment, such as a domestic style luminaire, ( it is possible for the enclosure to be formed or completed by the fitting or suitable material considered to be non-combustible)

www.tlc- direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Boxes_and_Enclosures_Index/Wago/index.html

Reply to
Skipweasel