Remove ceiling rose to fit light

The Missus has bought a new light for the kids bedroom. It's this one, a Lulea from B&Q.
http://images.productserve.com/preview/483/122873599.jpg
and, looking at the instructions, "it will be necessary to remove any existing ceiling rose to allow clearance for installation". Now I've done this before, but I still wake up sweating at some of the bodges I did in my youth. Can anyone tell me the safest way to connect all the feeds without the rose and insulate them safely in the ceiling space? TIA, |P
On 17/03/11 14:08, goodolpete wrote:

Move the rose to above the ceiling. Fit a pendant rose to the ceiling joist above then pass just the pendant flex through the ceiling hole to the new fitting.
On 17/03/2011 14:08, goodolpete wrote:

You can cut a hole in the ceiling, log the whole rose up there, and use its pendent flex to feed your fitting. Alternatively get one of the various JB designed for these applications. Or use chock block type terminals and put them in a chockbox.
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Necessities_Index/Connector_Strips/index.html
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/ASJ804.html
--
Cheers,

John.

On 17/03/2011 14:08, goodolpete wrote:

Wago 224 Series Lighting Connectors
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Boxes_and_Enclosures_Index/Wago/index.html
Bloody wonderful things.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Boxes_and_Enclosures_Index/Wago/index.html
All very good but the Wago connectors should be enclosed in a plastic box.
--
Adam

snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk says...

Or otherwise suitably enclosed...
Notes Connectors should be used within a suitable enclosure. but can be installed in a cavity when installing backless equipment, such as a domestic style luminaire, ( it is possible for the enclosure to be formed or completed by the fitting or suitable material considered to be non-combustible)
www.tlc- direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Boxes_and_Enclosures_Index/Wago/index.html