Reed Bed Waste Water Treatment

From what I have read, reed beds are pretty low tech things. I want to investigate whether I can build one myself. I have not been able to find any free design information that will allow me to know how difficult this will be / what the exact requirements are. Can anyone direct me to such a resource?

Reply to
nospam

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:17:03 -0800 (PST) someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@houghie.com wrote this:-

Such things are often called SUDS. Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems. Try putting that in a search engine and see what it comes up with.

Reply to
David Hansen

You could see if something like

scales to your requirements.

shows a slightly grander approach...

my google search was reed bed pond filter

HTH Bramble

Reply to
Bramble-Stick

In message on Wed, 23 Jan 2008, snipped-for-privacy@houghie.com wrote

Not free but 50p isn't much for a starter:

CAT web site

Reply to
Colin Brook

Possibly no. SUDS is a completely different issue to trying treat one's effluent locally.

OP - Try Googling.

Reply to
Clot

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:53:05 GMT someone who may be "Clot" wrote this:-

The OP did not mention treating their own sewage effluent. If that is what they want to do then they do need to look at something different, though a reed bed may possibly be part of a septic tank installation.

Reply to
David Hansen