Recycling / binning old motherboards

Are you England or Scotland? Fred appears to think England doesn't do that.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Around here we put batteries and small electrical items in a separate bag and leave it by the bins. A motherboard would be classed as large.

Reply to
Bod

I was waiting for that so very predictable stupid comment. I just knew that you would take the bait. This area is classed as a desirable area to live in, I did not know this when we moved here. Yer see Peter, people here scrap appliances when they start to play up or look scruffy. We do not go looking for washing machines on freecycle etc - like you do. I suppose that the scrap men are pikey, I'm not really too sure about that. But they go to areas where there is money to be made. Do you understand that? Give Steph Wood my regards.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I am in England, but whetehr it is collected or not is up to the District Council - there are over 300 of them!

Reply to
charles

I guess that depends on the cost of getting them there? If you take a picture of what you have and weigh them and email that to AWA they may be able to give you an approximate value. They may also agree to collect your items the next time they are going past (possibly free?) or you could send them via one of the cheapo couriers.

Even if you only earned a fiver, at least you would know they weren't going to landfill and you would have a fiver. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Why do they let you stay there with your Micra then?

More fool you.

For some reason the pikey scrapmen around here stay in the pikey areas (where they no doubt get free washing machines from benefits). I had to phone one to come out here and get my freezer.

Done.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

That stuff goes along with glass in a box about 2 foot long here. Anything that fits in it they will take, even a printer which sticks out the top.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

That's handy.

Reply to
Bod

Possibly because it has a hand brake that works and the car is a credit to its owner.

It is called having money in the bank due to working for a living. You will never have this experience.

Be careful where you park your ...... er ........ "car". They will quite correctly identify it as scrap and take it away. If they don't, the police will.

You really do plumb the depths.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

In the past month I have disposed of four glass paneled interior doors as we now have new ones. I always hated them. Cut them up with a jigsaw and put the wood into the gardening bin. The glass went into the tin/glass/can bin. Collection for these bins is every two weeks. The old doors would have flattered your house. HA!

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

They don't like wood in the gardening bin here, it doesn't rot well with twigs and grass.

Could someone else not have used those doors?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

No problems here.

I did put them on freecycle and freegle but got no replies. I gave it over a week before I cut them up.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Depends what they do with it. They used to like cardboard in with our garden waste, now they want it in with the paper. Maybe yours gets attacked by a tree shredder type thing so anything goes.

You surprise me, trying to give something away to someone you'd refer to as pikey. Windows and doors often go on freecycle here, and always get taken. I just got an as new piece of double glazing! A big one.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Slopy there is it?

And a Micra is never a credit, even brand new. Especially for someone as tall as you.

Why work more then throw things away?

Too much paperwork.

I know all the police.

What?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

The landfill bin is handy for whatever they don't want. I'm not travelling to the recycling centre unless I have a large amount of something to dispose of.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Wot?

I fit in very easily. If I did not we would not have bought one. Mrs Pounder Esq is into buying a Nissan Juke, whatever that is. You see Mr Hucker, I don't give a shit about cars.

It's called a standard of living. You will never have this experience.

Is that all that is stopping them?

Nar, they know you. Just how shameful is that?

Knowing her is plumbing the depths.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I was trying to avoid making the mess of cutting them up, I'm still finding bits of shattered toughened glass.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Why didn't you just take the whole thing to the skip and let them decide what to do with it? Oh yes, Micras are small.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Slope - ee. Tilted. Hilly, requiring use of a handbrake to park.

No you don't. You have told me you are well over 6 foot.

Prefer bicycles?

It's called wasting time and energy on pointless things and having less leisure time.

They'd also get jailed for car theft.

I'm proud of it. I can break 5 laws simultaneously.

She seems a very nice person to me. I am talking to her on facebook.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

FFS!

You are heading for one big fall.

Sexybitch and I go back for a very long time. She is not a nice person Mr Hucker, be careful.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire