Cost of burying 11KV cable ?

A local landowner has a planning application on the go at the moment on which he is claiming some 500m of 11KV overhead distribution cable is to be buried. Anyone any idea how much this will cost?

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

Cost me the best part of 30 grand IIRC of which the leccy company paid about 12k

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh and that included a new transformer..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IIRC Getty paid for some overhead electricity supply to be diverted/re-rounted when there was a proposal for it to cross his property just north of Guildford.

Reply to
Michael Chare

In message , Rob Graham writes

Absolutely no idea.

But. A guy I know took up helicopter flying as a hobby and there were some

11KV lines along 2 sides of his property that made parking awkward. He came to an agreement with the power company that they supplied the cable and terminated the ends while he dug the trenches to their spec'. They inspected as he went along and seemed happy. From what I gathered at the time they covered the cost of the cable and he paid for the ground works and terminating. Maybe your land has struck a similar deal? If he already has the manpower and machinery it may be a lot cheaper than getting the board to do all the work.
Reply to
Bill