Recycling

Just been working at one of the places your recycle bins contents are taken to.
I asked why they did not have different bins around the place for waste disposal. I expected different bins for cans, plastic, general waste etc around the place.
That's when I was told "We sent them to a different plant that sorts it out for us".
FFS
--
Adam

On 08/06/2019 16:29, ARW wrote:

... or ships it out to Indonesia or Bangladesh and conveniently forgets about it. Our local recycling centre seems to be organised 99% around the convenience and profitability of the private contractor and 1% around local needs but I'd better shut up now before I go into a rant.
Nick
On 08/06/2019 16:29, ARW wrote:

My local council probably uses the same type of place. The same recycling sack can be used for food and drink cans, foil, household plastics, plastic bags, mixed glass bottles and jars.
In local car parks there are containers for clear glass, brown glass and green glass but when collected the contents of all three containers are mixed up again in the back of a lorry.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

There are places which can now do a very good almost automatic sort of waste, which begs the question why do I have four bins in my garden and not two? Brian
--
----- --
On 09/06/2019 07:43, Brian Gaff wrote:

You've developed a squint ??? :-)
On Sunday, 9 June 2019 07:43:55 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:

They're breeding.
Owain
On 09/06/2019 07:43, Brian Gaff wrote:

I'd say that three makes sense. One for food and garden waste for composting, one for recyclable waste (plastics, metals, card, paper, etc.) and one for the rest (including dirty items such as nappies that you do not want with the recyclables).
SteveW