Recommendation wtd for metal polisher

I've got quite a lot of bronze and brass window handles and catches that need polishing and then lacquering. I'd prefer not to DIY so it would be useful to get recommendations for companies who provide the service ...

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 17:22:35 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@aolbin.com wrote:

I wouldn't bother with the lacquer, it'll fail and you'll end up with a patch work of slowly darkening metal and bright polished under the remaining lacquer. The only way out of that mess is to remove the lacquer and start again.
If they are still fairly bright I'd just give them a gentle polish with brasso or similar, rinse to get rid of the residue and leave bare. Letting use build up a natural paitina over time.
Bear in mind that brass/bronze surface is a less friendly to bacteria/virus's than plastic (lacquer)...
--
Cheers
Dave.
On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:48:41 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

I'd add that brass restorer works really well. And a lot less work.
https://www.rustins.ltd/rustins/our-products/renovators-for-metal/brass- restorer
On Thursday, 30 July 2020 13:56:07 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:

As does Cola.
Jonathan
On 30/07/2020 13:56, Bob Eager wrote:

French people buy British 'brown sauce' for cleaning metal.