Recommendation wtd for metal polisher

I've got quite a lot of bronze and brass window handles and catches that need polishing and then lacquering. I'd prefer not to DIY so it would be useful to get recommendations for companies who provide the service ...

Reply to
nothanks

I wouldn't bother with the lacquer, it'll fail and you'll end up with a patch work of slowly darkening metal and bright polished under the remaining lacquer. The only way out of that mess is to remove the lacquer and start again.

If they are still fairly bright I'd just give them a gentle polish with brasso or similar, rinse to get rid of the residue and leave bare. Letting use build up a natural paitina over time.

Bear in mind that brass/bronze surface is a less friendly to bacteria/virus's than plastic (lacquer)...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'd add that brass restorer works really well. And a lot less work.

restorer

Reply to
Bob Eager

As does Cola.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

French people buy British 'brown sauce' for cleaning metal.

Reply to
Andrew