Internal guttering corner with outlet ?

After a deluge of biblical proportions a few days ago, I noticed the guttering was clearly blocked.

The blocked section is just before a 90-degree corner (the inside of an "L") and obviously the crud washed off the roof refuses to go around the corner and therefore quickly blocks it leading to an overflow.

Remedial job of getting up there to clear the crud out is on the workstack for a dry spell.

In the meantime a more permanent solution might be to drop an outlet from the corner so crud can get washed into the drains.

As luck would have it, the corner is where the stench pipe/soil stack I (re) fitted stands. With a AAV on top.

I'm thinking that *if* I can get a piece to fit the (plastic square profile) guttering I could feed it through a U-bend into a boss on the stench pipe.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

From my investigations, I think our drains do run into the sewer ...

Not leaves. Just moss and grit and sand. I guess I can re-check the fall.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Would that not let the ahem, stench come up in the gutter level? I fitted a downpipe some years ago on a right angled bend where it comes over and hits you on the head as you open the recessed front door. Works well but I guess I should have heeded the advice to dig a soak away, since now you get wet feet due to the flood against the front step. There is always a snag to these bright ideas.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

gutter is

Ah lumps of moss (loosened by birds looking for critters?) can be too big to be carried by the normal flow. Copper wires along the ridge time?

Easy to do when you've cleared 'em, just check no pooling of water after you've flushed 'em clear.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice