Recommend sealant for corrugated roof?

Hello,

Lots of rain this weekend - good for discovering some leaks in my shed roof I didn't know were there!

I have corrugated bitumen sheets which are pitched at about 35 degrees up against a stone wall of a two storey building. There is a cement fillet along the seam where the roof joins the wall. It's been waterproof until now, but the torrential rain this weekend resulted in water pouring down the inside wall of the shed.

What can be done to seal this joint properly? I've read about liquid rubber type sealants, but are they flexible enough - are they durable? Is ordinary bitumen paint better, or should I get some of that sticky flashing tape?

Any advice appreciated,

Robin.

Reply to
robinslateus

Those should do for a while. When you come to do it properly, best not to use cement. Cement on stone damages the stone over the years. Lime doesnt, and is to a limited extent self healing if it cracks.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

A fillet of anything in this situation is a bodge.

Would you use a fillet of lime mortar in this situation?

Reply to
Chris Bacon