Recessed light switch - what is it called?

I am trying to find a supplier of replacement keys for some special light switches.

This is the sort sometimes found in schools, where the rocker switch is set back, with the front plate having a vertical slot in it. Authorised users use a blade-like key (flat metal key, forked at the end) to turn lights on and off.

Can anyone tell me what these switches are called? (I've tried all manner of terms on Google, but have come up with nothing) Or, even better, does anyone know where I can source the keys?

John Geddes Derbyshire

Reply to
John Geddes

Never let me be accused of living in the past! I hope it's right now: I never noticed as the taskbar clock was right

Reply to
Tony Bryer

That didn't fix it: hopefully this is right

Reply to
Tony Bryer

part number K4898 WHI.

You might have difficulty sourcing the key without the switch, though.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Tony, would you like to check your computer's time zone? It appears to be set to GMT, rather than BST, so your posts appear to be made in the future!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

That didn't fix it: hopefully this is right

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Like the one pictured on

keys are listed in the MK catalogue as 3405 ZIC so should be obtainable from a good wholesaler

Reply to
Tony Bryer

They're called just key switches. Try your nearest wholesaler. At worst you'll have to buy one to get the key.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes. We had you in Paris for a moment, there!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

The key is MK list no. 3405 ZIC and should be readily obtainable. The local branch of Newey & Eyre had them ex-stock when I needed some a few years ago.

Reply to
Andy Wade