What is the proper name for this cylindrical nut?

I need to buy replacement bolt-and-nut fixings for a self-assembly bed. The trouble is that I can't find the proper name for the type of fixing. I had thought it was called a barrel fixing, but this doesn't seem to be what hardware websites call it!

The fixing consists of a brassed bolt with flat head (to take allen key), and a cylindrical nut (with the hole running across the diameter). There is a slot across one of the flat ends, parallel to the hole. My specimen has the bolt 75mm long, with what I suspect is an M5 thread. The cylindrical nut is 10mm diameter x 18mm long, with the hole 10mm from one end.

The bolt part of the fixing is inserted through a hole in the vertical bed support, and the cylindrical nut goes into a hole in the cross-rail. The slot on the nut is used to orientate the nut to accept the bolt.

If the descrition isn't helpful, there is a photo at

idea on name for this - and perhaps suggestions of online suppliers?

Many Thanks

John Geddes Derbyshire

Reply to
John Geddes

'Tis a cross dowel fixing with an Allen-headed bolt.

used with studding and a connecting nut here:

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Or from ScrewFix . .

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=&n=D84353&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=13&y=11

Reply to
Set Square

"Set Square" wrote in news:c1cnmr$1g73ec$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-217758.news.uni-berlin.de:

Ikea do freebie parts too if you don't mind a bit of dishonesty :) I was a bit over zealous in the tightening of a camlock and snapped about four of them. Managed to get a big handful for nowt - had all the various parts in blue tubs in the Returns section.

Reply to
Sneezy

Brilliant - many thanks

John Geddes